Friday, October 20, 2017

My Gray Hair

So I just wanted to share a story with you from the Salon this week.
I was talking with Zoey about her beautiful brown hair. Zoey who is five, said to me "Why do you have "Blonde" hair?" How nice of her not to call it "Gray". I'm sure some of you have wondered why I don't color my hair as a Stylist. And some say, if you colored your hair you would look younger. Well just thought I would share the story of my "Gray" hair.
So back in 2010 my Dad got very sick with Pancreatitis and was put in ICU for just about a month. He was put on a breathing machine and kept somewhat unconscious so let his body rest to hopefully get better. One night I was in talking to him and told him that I wasn't going to color my hair anymore until he got better. It was the funniest thing, he opened his eyes and looked right at me and then closed them again. Maybe he wanted to see me with my brown hair still? Unfortunately, my Dad didn't survive and thus my Gray hair is a tribute to my Dad. He had "Gray" hair and sometimes told me it was "Blonde". So I have embraced my "Gray" hair and actually like it. Yes, coloring it might make me look younger but age is just a number to me and doesn't bother me. So that's my Gray Hair Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment